Paulding County Hospital Foundation would like to congratulate our 2020 scholarship winners! Each winner will receive $1,000 toward the college of their choice to further their education in the medical field.
- Madison Boesch – 2020 Antwerp Senior will be attending Ohio University for Nursing.
- Savannah Shepherd – 2020 Paulding Senior will be attending the University of Saint Francis for Physical Therapists Assistant Studies.
- Miriam Sinn – 2020 Wayne Trace Senior will be attending Northwest State Community College for Nursing.
About PCHF Scholarships
Three PCHF Healthcare Scholarships are awarded annually to graduating seniors interested in pursuing a career in the medical field. These scholarships are to be used for the financial assistance of a student in post-secondary healthcare education.
Every year, one scholarship is awarded at each Paulding County high school.
- Antwerp High School
- Paulding High School
- Wayne Trace High School
- Home-schooled students will also be eligible and will be placed in one of the three districts according to their addresses.
The scholarships will be awarded to the top candidate from each of the three high schools in Paulding County. However, if there are no applicants from a school or the applications submitted are not of acceptable quality, PCHF may choose not to award a student scholarship to that school.
All scholarships are a one-time award.
Guidelines for Application
Completed applications must be submitted to the Executive Director on or before the designated date each year.
Applications should be submitted to:
Ashley Collins, Executive Director
Paulding County Hospital Foundation
P.O. Box 221
Paulding, Ohio 45879
Phone: (419) 576-7882
Timeline for 2021 PCHF scholarship committee:
February 15 Applications delivered to high schools
March 19 Applications due to be returned by students
March 29 Scholarship Committee Application Review Round
March 30-31 Students notified who qualify for Interview Round
April 7 Student Interview Round
April 8-9 Award winners notified by Executive Director
April 19, 2020 Foundation Banquet
Winners will be honored, and are expected to be present: 5:30 pm at the Paulding Eagles Lodge. Parents of winners are also the guests of the Foundation for the banquet.
Click here for a more detailed timeline.
PCHF Scholarship Application
Applications are due on or before March 25, 2019
Paulding County Hospital Foundation Scholarship Application
Student Evaluation Form
- Click here to download the student evaluation form.
Completed application packets must include two Student Evaluation Forms completed by your
- Guidance counselor
- Science teacher of your choice
The criteria and selection process are as follows:
- The award will be made jointly to the student and the registrar of the post-secondary educational institution.
- The selection committee will consider a combination of the following factors (not in order of importance):
- Intended field and knowledge/experience in that field.
- Shadowing or practical exposure to the healthcare field desired.
- GPA and transcript information.
- High school ranking.
- Course selections in relation to the healthcare field desired.
- Referral questionnaires.
- School attendance.
- Completeness of application.
- Extracurricular activities.
- Quality of the interview (for those qualifying for the interview round).
- The recipient must have at least a B average.
- The recipient must intend to continue his/her education in a healthcare field (for example nursing, medical school, laboratory technician, radiology, respiratory technician, physical therapy, etc.).
- The completed application packet will include:
- The completed application form.
- A student evaluation form completed by the Science teacher of the applicant’s choice.
- A student evaluation form completed by the guidance counselor.
- A high school transcript through seven semesters.
Note: The student/applicant is responsible for collecting the documents required in the application.
- A representative of PCHF shall present the scholarship.
- The amount of the award for students is $1,000 per school. However, if there are no applications from a school or the applications submitted are not of acceptable quality, PCHF may choose not to award a student scholarship to that school for that year. All scholarships are a one-time award.
If you have additional questions about the Paulding County Hospital Foundation Scholarship, contact Ashley Collins, PCHF Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (419) 576-7882.